In applications from water delivery and sprinkler systems to sewage transport and drain-waste-vent, vinyl plays a critical role in providing reliable, durable piping service.
Piping is a crucial, functional part of most buildings, and vinyl pipe offers unsurpassed reliability and sturdiness. Although seldom seen, it is needed to deliver clean water for drinking and other purposes. It is also needed to convey wastewater away from buildings for treatment and subsequent reuse. A variety of piping materials is available today. Foremost among them is polyvinyl chloride or PVC.
- The predominant material used in drain, waste and vent applications.
- Used extensively in cold water delivery systems to and for buildings.
- Formulated as chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) pipe for use in hot and cold water delivery systems in buildings.
- Used in larger diameter piping applications outside buildings for water distribution and transmission, sanitary sewers, storm sewers and culverts and industrial piping systems.
- PVC pipe is available in a variety of lengths, diameters and pressure classes. It has a full complement of standard fittings, valves and couplings.
- And it is compatible with other pipe materials, so it can be specified for either new construction or system upgrades.